In episode 35, I am sharing my own experiences when you are looking for a theme to fit your WordPress online store. There are many variables when it comes to an eCommerce site that can make an already challenging task, finding a theme, even more so. Let me guide you through some tips, insights and thoughts to get you started on the process.
In this podcast, I talk about six questions that might want to ask yourself.
- Should I use a free or premium theme?
- Should I use that slider that came with my theme?
- How does the theme I’m looking at present the homepage and my online shop?
- Will shoppers be able to find my products easily?
- Do the theme and the eCommerce plugin I am using play together well?
- Is it mobile-friendly?
- Do I use a theme out-of-the-box, with a few customizations, or a ground-up customized theme?